tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 09 17:48:18 1995

Re: Responses to Vocabluary

 < I snipped alot, but I just started following this thread>

>>     My approach may, indeed, lead to frustration.  It appearantly
>>already has -- yours.  I have seemingly made a fatal error in
>>assuming that the purpose of this group is inquiry, discussion and
>>exploration leading to discovery.
>
>Your assumption is valid.  This group encourages exploration.  Several
>people responded to your request with warnings about the pitfalls of
>trying to translate words.

  I have to say that this group encourages not only exploration, but EXTREME
exploration, I asked the list for help with my "Klingon Paintball" concept,
and had LOTS of help. When I first started reading the list, I got into a
quick little tiff with one person, and it was over mis-understanding, and me
jumping to conclusions. I've been reading the list for QUITE sometime now
(along with practicing tlhIngan-Hol) and I continue to ask very basic
questions, aside from a little ribbing from people I have become more
familiar with, every question is  answered quickly and without any
"attitude" from anyone.

 Basically, I think that you seem a little mad, and I think you're mad
because you took something in a way that it wasn't meant, you might want to
re-read some of the messages..

Jim
[email protected]

Back to archive top level