tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 06 20:10:36 1995

Beginners' Grammarian

Traditionally, the job of Beginners' Grammarian has been a rotating
six-month assignment.  I have been the Beginners' Grammarian of the list
for over six months now and, as much as I enjoy the job and hate to give it
up, I figure it is about time to pass the torch and let someone else have
a go at it.

There have been four BG's thus far: trI'Qal, Holtej, charghwI' and me.  The
BG post is offered to Klingonists of intermediate skill level who are
willing to regularly participate on the list and invest their skills in
helping newcomers and answering KLBC (Klingon Language Beginner's
Conference) questions.  If the BG tripped up, the Grammarians,
Captain Krankor and ~mark, were there to help out.

charghwI' became BG shortly after I joined the list and he taught me most
of what I know about the Klingon language.  It was charghwI' who
nominated me to succeed him and his was a very tough act to follow as he
was an outstanding BG.

Being BG has been a tremendous learning experience for me and it has been
quite a challenge.  I had to frequently deal with grammatical questions I
had never considered before.  My Klingon skills have improved since I
became BG and I've had a lot of fun, but now it is time to let someone else
enjoy the experience.

As Grammarian, ~mark ultimately gets to decide who shall be the next BG,
but I would like to nominate ghunchu'wI' for the post.  ghunchu'wI' has
demonstrated a sound command of the language, he has shown an eager
willingness to help others, and he has been one of the most prolific
contributors to the list.  (I remember spending long hours translating
his posts when he spammed the list with 8 stories a day that he
wrote on his vacation. {{:-) )

taghwI'pu' pabpo'wI'raj vIDa 'e' bochaw'mo' jIquv.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level