tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 03 11:16:32 1995

Re: DujHomwIj

ghItlh DaQtIq:
> Do'Ha'. Hegh'egh chaq 'e' Hech DujHomlIj. HeghDI' DujHomlIj, 'et wovwI'
> Dachu' 'ej DujHommeychaj jonta'mey chuSqu'moH juppu'lI'. Heghpu'bogh
> DujHommeyvaD jach jonta'mey, <<peghuH! ghoS SuvwI' DujHom!>>.
>
> tlhIngan He 'oHba'.

ghItlh tlheghmeQ:
> Hmmm. le'me see if I can get this...
> That's unfortunate. Perhaps your car intends to die [kill?] itself. Your
> car dies as soon as you engage the headlights and your friends cause the
> engines of their cars to be NOISY. [HIja'! pIj qaS wanI'vetlh] Engines cry
> out for cars which have died, [dramatic, aren't we ;)] "Car! Warrior
> thrust Secret!" [I lose ya here]
> Klingon..course..it..[huh?]

Very close! My intention was to write:
Too bad. Perhaps your car intends to kill itself. As soon as your car dies,
activate the headlights and have your friends rev their engines. The engines
scream to the cars which have died, "Beware! The car of a warrior approaches."
This is the Klingon way, obviously.

I hope *i* got the Klingon right.
- DaQtIq

Back to archive top level