tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 02 13:59:46 1995

Did I translate correct?

On Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:52:14 -0500, you wrote:

I picked up the following message in alt.startrek.klingon.
Willing as I am to learn tlhIngan Hol, I gave it a try to translate
the dialog. Can anybody tell me if my (free) interpretation of it, is
like the autors of it want it to sound? I would be pleased if I heared
from somebody.

>In article <[email protected]>,
>[email protected] (yoDtargh) wrote:

>>Darth Vader ([email protected]) wrote:
>>: Why doesn't anyone speak Klingon here?
Good question I say....
He got an answer.
Well, here comes my translation....

>>qatlh tlhIngan Hol Dalo'be'taHvIS bIghItlh SoH'e' jay'?  naDev tlhIngan
>>Hol DalaD DaneHchugh vaj tlhIngan Hol Dalo'taHvIS yIghItlh neH 'ej chaq
>>Dujang vay'.  ghotIchQo' bInIDvIpchugh.  HoS lI' Dalo'Ha'chu'!
>>
>>yoDtargh
Why don't you use the klingon language when you write?
Here you read klingon language like you wanted to. If you can.
In that case, you use the klingon language when you want to write and
maybe somebody want to answer to you. Don't insult us. Are you afraid
to try? Be strong, be usefull, you obviously don't use it.

{name}

Afther this somebody replyed:
>majQa' yoDtargh!  tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhmeH ghomvam vIjeS vIneH 'ach
>naDev chuSqu'.  rut SuvwI' Hol ghojmeH tlhob vay' 'ej jIjanglaH.
>Darth Vader naDev SoHtaH DaneHbe' tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh DaneHchugh.
>nuqDaq tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaH Datlhobchugh jIjangqang.
Welldone {name}!
I speak klingon language for the use of this group. I want to
participate, but it is (sometimes) to noisy here.
Some people learn the language and plead for somebody to answer them
and I can reply.
Darth Vader, you don't want to speak the klingon language here all the
time. Where do you speak the klingon language all the time? If you ask
I'll be willing to answer (this question).

Well. I'm curious how correct I am. Please let me know.

{Dotlh}

Back to archive top level