tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 26 12:19:18 1995

Re: The `Ring Rhyme' in Klingon (fwd)

R.B,

> > > All Klingon words in TKD consist of these syllables:
> > > CV, CVC, CVrgh, CVw', CVy' or -oy. (C = consonant, V = verb)
>
> > V = Vowel???
>
> HIvqa' veqlargh.  I meant V = vowel.
Erm.. for the life of me I can't figure out what you said.
Something to do with attacking and nasty odours???

> > So can you use nIS (need) to mean must?
>
> Yes, I think "must" is an acceptable translation of {-nIS}.
Oh right.. it makes sense, I've never come accross anything else which I
could use to mean "must". But then, I've come accross very few things which
I *could* actualy use.

[email protected]

Back to archive top level