tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 25 13:11:03 1995

Re: loDHompu'

On Thu, 25 May 1995 [email protected] wrote:

>      On Wed, 24 May  yoDatargh wrote:

>      >{Hem} is probably not a transitive verb.  You could say:{tlhIngan
>      >[cleavage]wIjmo' vIHem.}

(jIQaghpu'. I should have used {jI-} instead of {vI-}.)

>      But that changes what I meant.  I'm not proud because of them.  I'm
>      proud of them. }}:-)

Unfortunately, the TKD doen't give definitions of words.  I suspect
{Hem} means "to have a proud attitude" and not "to be very pleased with, or
highly approving of something."  Perhaps it would be more accurate to say:
mubelqu'moH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj  -or-
tlhIngan [cleavage]wIjmo' jIbelqu'  -or-
muQuchmoH tlhIngan [cleavage]wIj

>      Oops, I forgot a space.  It was supposed to be :
>      'a DaSaH 'e' tlho' vIghaj.

This sentence still confuses me.  You are giving the verb {vIghaj} two
objects, {'e'} and {tlho'}.  Are you trying to say {DaSaHmo' qatlho'} (I
thank you for caring)?

>      r'Hul

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level