tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 24 13:29:04 1995

Re: KLBC: Two Fox stories

Here are the slightly revised Aesop stories I'm working on, which I still
need help with in a few (well, a lot of) places.

Ha'DIbaH ong = Fox

>> Ha'DIbaH 'ong jechHom je

>Dochmey law' ngaSbogh pa''e' 'elpu' Ha'DIbaH 'ong
>> pay' Ha'DIbaH 'ong tu' qab 'e' tu'vIp Ha'DIbaH 'ong
>"The sly animal was afraid to notice that a face suddenly noticed the
>sly animal." mu'tlheghvamDaq nuq Dajalth DaneH?  (What did you want to
>say in this sentence?)
"The sly animal saw a face looking at him, and was afraid."

>> qab jechHom 'e' tu' Ha'DIbaH 'ong
>"The sly animal finds that the small disquise is bad."
"The sly animal finds that the face is only a mask."

>> QaQ 'e' bInargh jatlh Ha'DIbaH 'ong
>> yab bIghajbe' jatlh Ha'DIbaH 'ong
>rut QaQbejbe' QaQlaw'bogh vay'.  (Sometimes, something which is
>apparently good is not undoubtedly good.)

----
I'll use naHHom for "small berry", or "grape".

>>Ha'DIbaH 'ong naHHommey je
>>ngemDaq yIt Ha'DIbaH 'ong
>>tuj ghaH
>>naHHommey DungDaq legh ghaH
>"He looked in the area above the grapes."
"He looked at the grapes above him."

--
Dep'ong aka Daniel Boese
[email protected]