tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 23 17:50:06 1995

non-Hol postings

"Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant" <[email protected]> wrote:
>I am very interrested in discussing make-up, Klingon evolution and all
>those other non-language things.  Unfortunately, the only forum I have
>available for this is through this list.  I don't have access to the
>Internet klingon newsgroup and, it seems, neither do alot of other people
>here.

Tough. :-)  This is the Klingon LANGUAGE list.  Our hosts, the Klingon
Language Institute, emphasize the study and use of the Klingon LANGUAGE.

>Could I suggest to the administrators of this list that they investigate
>setting up a companion list to discuss non-language topics.  This would
>free up this bandwidth for the real language stuff.  This could also be
>an opportunity to entice more people into the language.  People generally
>interrested in Klingondom could, through cross-posting by the KLBC, be
>brought into the fold, so to speak.

Sounds backwards to me.  If anything, I'd like to see a separate list for
messages written entirely in tlhIngan Hol, with the original one left as
a forum for beginners and discussions ABOUT the language.

>An all-Klingon mailing list!  We're ready!

I'd agree, except we're not talking about the same thing.  You want a list
about all things Klingon, 'ach tlhIngan Hol neH vIneH.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level