tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 20 12:32:49 1995

Re: Unsubscribing

> I apologize for this message, but I have no further recourse.
> All assistance will be appreciated.  Please send responses directly
> to me since I am receiving the digest.

Well, this guy got it ALMOST right. He at least CC:'d the right person
when he sent his request to the list.

Okay, folks, repeat after me:

I WILL, UNDER NO CIRCUIMSTANCES, SEND AN UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST TO THE LIST.

Repeat again.

I WILL, UNDER NO CIRCUIMSTANCES, SEND AN UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST TO THE LIST.

And, once more, with feeling.

I WILL, UNDER NO CIRCUIMSTANCES, SEND AN UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST TO THE LIST.

How many times can I say it? How much common sense does it take?

Now, I'm sure I'll get flamed for getting upset at this particular user.
Well, checking the logs, this guy has been a listmember since February,
and has probably seen a dozen articles come down the list, all about how
to unsubscribe, and how NOT to post to the list, etc, etc. And these aren't
hard to miss messages, either... These are messages with blazing **READ ME**
headers, and all sorts of neat things like that.

Yes, I'm very irate. I'll explain it like this:

I'm currently having major problems with that thing that some folks like
to reference as "reality". I'm having health problems, stress and work
related. My RL has been going back and forth between "tolerable" and
"pure hell" recently, and shows no signs of getting better. I'm getting
rather tired of having to deal with people who make my life harder by
demonstrating a complete inability to read.

That being said, this will be the last time I'm going to fly off the handle.
Consider this an official announcement asking for someone to take my place
as listowner of the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list. The work isn't hard, or even
particularly time consuming, but it does need to be done.

The requirements need to go something like this:

	1) A Reliable email address
	2) Patience with folks who can't read.
	3) Familiarity with the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list (a knowledge of
	tlhIngan isn't required, but a knowledge of the list, it's history,
	policies, etc, IS).
	4) At least passing familiarity with the way internet mail and
	listservers work.

I'll unsubscribe from the list and get out of everyone's way, as soon as
someone who has the time and resources to do my job comes along. Applications
in PRIVATE EMAIL to: [email protected].

Enjoy. Any responses to this message in PRIVATE MAIL. Let me say that
again: ANY RESPONSES IN PRIVATE MAIL. And, once more, with feeling: ANY
to turn into a thread or extended conversation here.

Enjoy.

									-WW

Back to archive top level