tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 11:25:25 1995

Re: The `Ring Rhyme' in Klingon

'Iwvan <[email protected]> writes:

>For me the greatest surprise is that I wrote that Khuzdul _kh_ was an
>affricate, and you didn't flame me for it.  I have no idea what could
>have made me write that; I may have been thinking of the fact that the
>distinction between the Khuzdul unaspirated _k_ and aspirated _kh_ would
>be represented most adequately by the opposition of the Klingon stop {q}
>and affricate {Q}, but it's hard to tell now.

Well, it was the first day of the Berkeley Public Library's annual book
sale and I wanted to get there early, so I wasn't reading the messages as
carefully as I should have.  But still ... I should have caught that one!
I guess my brain was off wandering wherever yours was -- chaq najghach
HeDaq (Oloore Mallesse)?

*       Arden R. Smith          [email protected]      *
*  "welaga nu, waltant got [quad Hiltibrant],  wewurt skihit."  *