tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 09:42:20 1995

Re: KLBC: a question

charghwI' wrote:
> First, instead of saying, "I fired with a gun," just say, "I
> fired a gun."
> HIch vIbaH.
> While we don't have a lot of guidance about the details of how
> every verb uses an object, I think this one is safe.

I interpret the object of {baH} to mean the projectile, not the weapon.
Perhaps if you were out of ammunition, might you try to hit your target
with the handgun itself?  Maybe the other "fire" verb would be better
suited to this action?  {HIch vIlaQ} "I fire/activate the handgun."

> jIbaHmeH HIch vIlo'.

This, though, perfectly captures my interpretation of S.Cara's sentence.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level