tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 19 07:18:56 1995

Re: KLBC: yIjatlhQo' ram luwovmoH Hovmey

According to Marc Ruehlaender:

> > "Don't talk! Stars light the night and the act of freezing has
> > burned." ?
> >
> Original goes "Schtil, die nacht is ojsgeschternt,
> un der frost hat schtark gebrent" which probably (:-)
> translates as 'Hush, the night is brightened by starlight,
> and the frost burnt hard'; so if you have a better word for
> 'frost' (preferably with three syllables, the last vowel
> being an {a} *-) please tell me

chuch = "ice". yavchuch would probably mean "frost" to most
people. Unfortunatly, it doesn't fit your rhyme scheme. Perhaps
poetic license could make it {yavchuchna'} or {yavchuch'a'}?

> Original: "tsi gedenkst du, wie ich hob dich gelernt,
> haltn a schpajer in die hent?" 'do you remember me
> teaching you to hold a pistol in your hands?'
>
> > Here, I'd tend to prefer to use {-meH} instead of a sentence as
> > object construction:
> >
> > pu'HIch bolo'laHchu'meH SaghojmoHta' 'e' boqaw'a'?
> >
> great! thank you very much (it even still rhymes!)

Again {bo-} => {Da-}.

> 				Marc Dochlangan

charghwI'
--