tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 18 11:10:10 1995

Re: tlhIngan physiology

On Thu, 18 May 1995 [email protected] wrote:
..snip..
> Turning to tlhInganpu', we are stuck with the shape of Human actors,
> and are forced to explain the body shape in Klingon terms.  Are the
> female Klingon "breasts" actually used to suckle the young?
> Perhaps they have another (albeit extinct) function.  I don't know
> anything about the internals, except what I have read here the last
> couple days.  Presumably the heart and lungs are developed for
> endurance and the conditions on Qo'noS.

paraphrase:  "If the food is too difficult for you, perhaps we can get
one of the women to nurse you"  Said to Riker by the Klingon Officer
*way* back in Season 1 TNG "A Matter of Honor"....  If they don't nurse
their young using their breasts, I'll really be surprised to find what
they *do* suckle from :-)

Obviously Klingon internal biology and biochemistry is nearly identical
to human, otherwise, hybrids would be unlikely: and there are plenty of
hybrids in Trek....  Apparently, as shown by the 6th season episode where
the common DNA origin of humanoid lifeforms is explained; the galactic
ur-people were similar to us and the Klingons....

Back to archive top level