tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 18 07:41:04 1995

Re: Coffee

At 08:52 AM 5/18/95 -0400, Mark J. Reed wrote:
>"Lawrence M. Schoen"  <[email protected]> writes:
>\  I
>\ really don't know what "latte" or "cappuccino" even mean!  So, maybe they
CAN be
>\ translated.
>Well, I don't know what "latte" means offhand, and I don't have my Italian
>dictionary handy, but "cappuccino" is the Italian for "Capuchin", as in the
>Order of Friars Minor Capuchin.  The beverage is so named because of the
>similarity of its color to that of the habits worn by members of the Capuchin
>order.  So since it's derived from a proper name, a transliteration
>would probably be most appropriate.  "qapuchIn" or "qapuchIno", perhaps?

qechvam vIQochbe'chu'.  'ach *qapuchIn* DelnISlu'bej  vaj mu' chu' <milk>
wIghajnIS.

>-marqoS

   David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                        Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level