tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 17 22:11:43 1995

Re: Callendar software -- for...

So much of Terran language regarding calendar terms is based on
Judeo-Christian history which has permeated the population of the entire
globe.  I suggest we look at Klingon religion to determine possible names for
calendar terms.

A klingon.faq I once read--I still have it on disk and am willing to upload
it for [email protected] that Cronos is about half again the size of
the earth.  The religion is rather fatalistic; one feels that all is harsh
destiny and one can only do [good] deeds to attract the attention of Durgath.
 At the same time, in Thai <tham bun> means to do deeds which build one's
karma.  In Hebrew one does many <mitzvot>, some of which may help secure a
reward and many of which are simply basic responsibilities we must do anyway.

Back to archive top level