tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 17 09:46:00 1995

Re: Callendar software -- for Klingons

>[email protected] (Matt Gomes) writes:
>\   Okay... now... what is jaj wa'DIch?  Sunday or Monday?  That's why I'm
>saying
>\ this is not as easy as it seems...
>Well, the most common usage in the U.S. is that Sunday is first; throughout
>most of the rest of the world, Monday is first.  I'd therefore say that Monday
>wins by the sheer weight of numbers. :)

[snip]

and marqoS writes:

>To provide an analogous Terran example, Japanese has no names for the days of
>the week, only numbers; and the 'first day' is Monday.

But Modern Greek, Portuguese, and Armenian, all of which make use of
numerical weekday names, begin the count with *Sunday*.

*       Arden R. Smith          [email protected]      *
*  "welaga nu, waltant got [quad Hiltibrant],  wewurt skihit."  *