tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 11 14:13:43 1995

Re: Suggestions for animation on the trefoil screen saver?

According to David Barron:

> At 12:20 AM 5/11/95 -0400, Jim Boniface wrote:
> >   I started to do an animation to make a screen saver (I'm taking David
> I believe what Jim is asking for is advice on compiling his animation
> into screensaver format.
>
> WHat Jim is talking about is a screen saver based on his rendering
> empire.gif (availabel at the kli ftp site).  This screen saver will show
> the same image of the trifoil but the flames will dance and making
> ominous shadows and reflexions fortelling Klignon glory.  I have
> suggested possibly adding a Klingon phrase or that might scroll
> across the screen.

I know that if you have a series of graphics which you wish to
play in sequence as a screen saver, you can use any of the
"Scenes" screen savers from (I know people here will gripe when
I mention the source) Microsoft. Basically, when you buy
"Scenes", you get both the graphics set which comes with the
package you bought, and you get a screen saver engine that can
present your own .bmp files as animation, as a slide show, or
with several other effects.

> David B
> >
> >Jim

charghwI'