tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 10 20:48:13 1995

Re: Sword of Honor

>My personal sense is that it should fit the bearer. It might
>roughly match the length of your leg such that if one of its
>points were resting on the ground, you could hold the opposite
>end of the handle just below your hip and the point would read
>roughly hip height.
>
>Scabbords seem to mysteriously strap across the back, though I
>am quite unsure how they work on such a shape.

 That would seem right, I'm just pretty anal when it comes to things I copy
and make to be as close as possible to what is really is. ALTHOUGH, maybe
thats how they really are made. :)  As an example, if you took the trefoil I
drew, and scaled it way way down, you could take measurements off of it, and
compare it to the 2 on the front of TKD, you'll find they are the same (you
should have heard the comments by the machinists about me measureing the
front of  TKD down to 4 decimal places. )

Jim
[email protected]

Back to archive top level