tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 10 12:04:28 1995

Re: what (question)

>I didn't see anything in David's note that called for this sort of response.
>He complained about a general category of requests which don't seem to take
>the grammar into account, then made reasonable suggestions.  A bit of your
>own advice would seem to be in order.

  Actually you're right, I should chill a bit, but I'm sure you'd agree that
learning klingon can be very frustrating, and I'm trying, I really am (I am
translating klingon to english, postal course, full klingon messages here)
but I think David could have probably said "read this in TKD" or something
along those lines, I thought the way he was talking was like "gee, another
peon trying learn what I already know" The way you offered help was much
friendlier and explained my difficulties to myself much more effiecently.
Basically, I think there isn't a need to talk down to people, if he was
'sick' of seeing questions like mine (which I don't feel was that BAD of a
question) it would have been alot easier to ignore me.

  Anyway, Sorry I got mad, I apologize to David also, and to anyone else
that thinks I overreacted (I try not to 'react' to things, I attempt to
'respond', but it doesn't always work out that way)

Jim
[email protected]

Back to archive top level