tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 09 12:22:57 1995

Re: KLBC? OK. How's this? (Was Re: KLBC I'm confused)

>Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 13:26:40 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected] (Steve Weaver)

>TO all the NON-BG's who replied, thanks.

>chargwI', ~mark:

You invoked my name, and charghwI''s, tho we're not BGs, yet you have KLBC.
Well, you asked for it. :)

>	      Soj chonob 'ej jajvam jIHSop

What is jIHSop?  A typo for "jISop" maybe?  It looks like it.  You should
use "DaHjaj" instead of "jajvam"; it's more idiomatic (look it up; it's not
a made-up compound, it really exists as a word in its own right).

>	    wam choghojmoH 'ej jIghungbe'taH

>		(apologies to Dan Quale)

You're trying to use an infinitive.  Klingon doesn't have them.  You can't
say "you teach me to hunt" like that.  Perhaps "jIwamlaHmeH choghojmoH" or
something ("in order that I can hunt, you teach me...").  Perhaps "not
jIghung" for "I'm never hungry anymore"?  Tho your method seems okay, just
stilted.

~mark

Back to archive top level