tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 09 09:55:00 1995

Re: What did she say?

>Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 12:01:56 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected]

>>On the episode "Faces" (Air date 5/8/95 on Paramont stations) the
>>     Klingon B'Elanna kept calling her human counterpart something.
>>Did  anybody catch what it was?

>I thought she was saying /petaQ/, but I could be wrong.  It's listed in
>TKD on page 178 as an epithet.

I heard petaQ as well, though pronounced closer to *petaH.  Still, her
pronunciation was better than most Klingon actors'.

Heh.  Fun the way the Klingon side had what has become a recognizable
Klingon accent--caused by the actors speaking around the bulky mouthpieces
they have to wear to make their mouthparts look Klingon.

>>     r'Hul

>Holtej

~mark

Back to archive top level