tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 03 07:35:46 1995

Re: pagh no'lI' (was: Re: pagh (was latlh))

>Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 12:38:57 -0400
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: [email protected] (Steve Weaver)

>On Sat, 29 Apr 1995 01:08:52 -0400 ghItlh janSIy:

>>pagh no'lI'  -  your (theoretical, but non-existant) ancestors
>>
>>I know that although grammatically correct, the last sentence doesn't
>>make any sense.  After all, how is it possible to not have ancestors?
>>And why would any sane Klingon even talk about something that doesn't
>>exist?  These are, however, the translations for these phrases, qar'a'?

>IF you were "bragging" about your ancestors, I might make reference to
>{pagh no'lI'} as an insult. How does our resident Curse Warefare expert
>feel about this:

>    targhlIj yab tIn law' pagh no'lI' Hoch yabDu' tIn puS

>~mark??

Ugh.  MUCH too abstract.  You'd spend more time explaining what that meant
than you would extracting your victim's fist from your face.  If you want
to insult his theoretical ancestors that way, try just no'qoqlI'.

~mark

Back to archive top level