tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 17:12:43 1995

"size" and -ghach

At 05:06 PM 5/2/95 -0400, Alan Anderson wrote:
>> For example, "His house is as big as a shuttlecraft."
>
>Earlier, I suggested:
>> tIntaHghach 'ar ghaj juHDaj?  tIntaHghach'e' ghajbogh lupDujHom!
>
>I now see a more concise way, which happens to come close to the phrasing of
>the original, although that was not the goal:
>
>{tIntaHghach'e' ghajbogh lupDujHom ghaj juHDaj}
>"His home has the bigness which a shuttlecraft has

Here is an example where I may have to yield to the
"need to use -ghach" argument.  There is no good word
for "size"  yet and tIntaHghach seems to do the job.

I challange  anyone to make a coherant translation of the
above sentence without useing -ghach.

David Barron

>-- ghunchu'wI'

  ||  David Barron  [email protected]  OR   [email protected] ||