tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 14:57:09 1995

Re: -ghach rehash

According to [email protected]:

> I know we should overusing <-ghach>, but there is no way to
> compare actions (unless I've missed it - in which case fill me in).
> How about "I speak Klingon better than I speak Ferengi"?

My immediate response is to simply approach the problem from a
different angle. Instead of trying to convert verbs to nouns in
order to use the comparison construction (which is awkward in
Klingon), why not describe how well you speak each of these
languages (which Klingon handles gracefully).

> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHghach QaQ law'
>      verengan Hol vIjatlhtaHghach QaQ puS

tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhchu' 'ach verengan Hol vIjatlhlaw' neH.

I speak Klingon clearly, but I merely apparently speak Ferengi.

> Brad

charghwI'
--

 \___