tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 03:53:04 1995

Re: KLBC: Comparatives

> >You are not bigger than me.
>
> This is logically equivalent to "You are smaller than me" and "I am bigger
> than you."  What is the reason for picking one interpretation over another?
> If you can provide some context, I'd enjoy trying to capture the meaning.

it is logically equivalent to: Either you are smaller
than me or I am as big as you. The context could be
someone claiming to be bigger than me and me denying
this - which was my translation.

			Marc Doychlangan

Marc Ruehlaender	[email protected]
Universitaet des Saarlandes, Saarbruecken, Germany