tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 06:34:50 1995

Re: Kruge's quote

David Barron wrote:
> I hope I am not stepping on the feet of the grammarians but <potlh> is
> a noun.  Here  its being treated  as a verb.  I have made this mistake
> myself,  that is how I know ,  that and checking TKD.

Check again, and look in the addendum.  It's there as a verb.

> May I suggest instead of <potlh> let me suggest <ram>.

It's a reasonable suggestion, but I don't think it's right in this case.
The quote in question is talking about the importance (or lack thereof)
of two situations; the natural thing to do would be to use the same word
to describe both, with a {-be'} or perhaps even {-Ha'} on one of them.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level