tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 29 06:57:34 1995

Re: Finished?

:
: On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, Matt Gomes wrote:
: > qajatlhneS:
: >   I was watching ST6 (for the umpteenth time) and I think I still wonder what
: > the Klingon outpost guard is saying...
: >   He keeps saying "rheen"... which, it seems from the concept means "over".
: >   Now.. there is no "over" in TKD, but "finished" is "rIn".
: >   If this is what the actor is trying to say, shouldn't it sound more like
: >   "rin" (rhymes with "tin")?
: >   qatlho'... Qapla'!
: > -majIq
:
: You'll need to go back and carefully review your TKD:  Klingon /I/ is
: indeed usually analogous to English "ih" but look at the special note,
: that sometimes for reasons unknown it can be sounded as "ee"...
:

qajatlhneS:

  AH!  Nice backfit, Okrand ;-)

  qatlho'