tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 21 11:26:23 1995

Re: The real *TRUTH* about the KSRP

On Tue, 21 Mar 1995 13:02:45 -0500 [email protected] wrote:

<...snip...>

>Actually, I'm partly kidding. It's not doomed, only delayed. But as one of
>the principle, albeit truly superficial, translators of the play, I've been
>recently faced with tremendous burdens. A few weeks ago our computer system
>was infected with FORM virus, and several of our files were thereby damaged.

<...snip...>

>Right now I need somebody to slap some bloody sense into me. Of course, I've
>needed that for years. I have no more respect here, but before I seriously
>consider unsubscribing from a mailing list in which I have only a vague
>interest any longer, I'm going to finish the job I started.

<...snip...>

{Steve, with an evil grin on his face lobs the requisite "you wouldn't have
had that problem with a Macintosh" grenade into the room and ducks for
cover}

Sorry, Guido. The IBMers here at work just went through the FORM A virus
purging. Are you guy's using MCAFEE  to scan for it? It's on the BBSes in a
trial size. Works great. (I might be able to snail-mail you something, but
you probably have something already).

I too, second what Matt said. You're being too hard on yourself (30 lashes
with a scourge (that leather whip with the metal hooks in it) is too much.
Limit yourself to 15). I've had to rebuild my system from a harddisk crash
3 or 4 times myself. I'm sure Willie S. felt the same way after spilling
the ink on his MS's.

I do regular back-ups now, about 3 or 4 times a year (yeah...I STILL
haven't learned!!)

Smile Guido, you'll do fine!

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay'
                                          - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Steve Weaver       [email protected]

Back to archive top level