tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 15 01:22:13 1995

qeylIs ghaH 'Iv?

ghItlhpu' "R.B Franklin" <[email protected]> (Subject: Re: KLBC: Correct
Word..?):-

> Kahless dropped a lock of his hair into the lava of the Kri'stak Volcano,
> quenched it in the waters of Lake Lursor, and forged it into a weapon and
> used it to kill Molor. He named this weapon {batlh 'etlh} ("The Sword of
> Honor"). I believe {betleH} is a contraction of that word, used to describe
> the type of weapon traditionally used by Klingons.

Excuse my ignorance, but is Kahless/qeylIs a Klingon alive at the time of the
Star Trek events, or a legendary ancient hero, or a god, or what? Which book
or episode describes Kahless and the legends that seem to exist about him?

Back to archive top level