tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 18:44:39 1995

}}} Dialects

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Alan Anderson wrote:

> Chris Nielsen writes:
> > Why do you guys have to be so damn *right* all the time :)
>
> It's partly because we practice. :-)  In my case, it's mostly from
> having been around long enough to hear most of the common questions
> and answers already.
>
> Have no doubt about it, there's a core of serious students of language
> here. When I joined the list, I found I agreed with the basic
> philosophy that language is for communicating and not merely a toy to
> play with.  Because I found kindred spirits, I think of this group as
> a haven.  So far the group has been for the most part self-policing;
> in order to make sense of many of the posts one must have a certain
> amount of dedication to the study and use of the Klingon language, and
> persons lacking such dedication tend not to stay around.  Since you
> have come out from behind your computer screen to make suggestions, I
> hope you stay and participate actively.  I believe that most of us
> sincerely enjoy helping others to learn.

That's most encouraging, thank you. As you say, I have come out from
behind my computer screen, and I fully intend to begin participating.
Now that I've gone right through TKD, and let it soak in a bit, I'll
start from the beginning in a more serious manner, so you should be
hearing from me soon(ish)...

Regards

Chris

Back to archive top level