tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 18:03:03 1995

Re: }}} Dialects (was: Klingon paintball)

Chris Nielsen writes:
> Why do you guys have to be so damn *right* all the time :)

It's partly because we practice. :-)  In my case, it's mostly from
having been around long enough to hear most of the common questions
and answers already.

Have no doubt about it, there's a core of serious students of language
here. When I joined the list, I found I agreed with the basic
philosophy that language is for communicating and not merely a toy to
play with.  Because I found kindred spirits, I think of this group as
a haven.  So far the group has been for the most part self-policing;
in order to make sense of many of the posts one must have a certain
amount of dedication to the study and use of the Klingon language, and
persons lacking such dedication tend not to stay around.  Since you
have come out from behind your computer screen to make suggestions, I
hope you stay and participate actively.  I believe that most of us
sincerely enjoy helping others to learn.

Alan Anderson              Delco Electronics
{ghunchu'wI'}       Remanufacturing Services
        Test Equipment System Software Group

Back to archive top level