tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 17:22:07 1995

Re: }}} Dialects (was: Klingon paintball)

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Alan Anderson wrote:

> Chris Nielsen writes:
> >...I therefore propose we form our own dialect.  This seems to be the largest
> >active group of Klingon speakers in the world, so why not a sort of human
> >dialect?
>
> Because it would be bad. :-)

[Thoughtful stuff deleted <G>]

This goes out to you and yoDtargh, who also kindly replied.

Ok, I obviously misunderstood the purpose of this list.  Having had this
clarified somewhat, a lot of things now make sense.  Thanks guys (and
girls?)!
I'm not too proud to admit it when I'm wrong (well nearly, but not quite :).

> By the way, it's common practice here to simply drop in a word or two in
> English when the dictionary fails.  An untranslatable food name isn't
> always cause for another Klingon word.

Ahhhh! I presume this would be true for the 'mirror' discussion too...

Chris

Back to archive top level