tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 27 00:17:37 1995

Re: }}} Klingon paintball

On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Chris Nielsen wrote:

> The "official" Klingon dialect seems to be lacking in quite a few areas,
> most notably in the areas of human interest, i.e. art, humanities etc,
> things a Klingon would not find at all interesting, most likely.
> In the same way as a language such as English has "evolved" when brought
> into contact with new countries (for instance North America), I
> therefore propose we form our own dialect.  This seems to be the largest
> active group of Klingon speakers in the world, so why not a sort of human
> dialect?

jIQochchu'.  qabqu' qechlIj 'e' vIHar.   tera'ngan mu'mey luchellu'chugh
tlhIngan HolHomqoq chenmoHlu'meH vaj tlhIngan Hol 'IH qalmoHlu'.
HolHomqoqvam Dachuppu'bogh vIghojQo'.  Hol watlh'e' neH jatlhtaHbogh
tlhInganpu'na' vIHaD vIneH.  tlhIngan Hol wIchoHlaHmeH woQHey nunob 'Iv?

(Translation for non-Klingon speakers:  I don't think that's a very good
idea.)

 > Chris

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level