tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 31 14:13:31 1995

Re: Information

According to herman velasco:

> Can someone give me a hint on what publication to get as a new starter,
> that wants to learn the language.
>
> HELP!!!!!

Before anything else, you need The Klingon Dictionary by Marc
Okrand, published by Pocket Books - a subsidiary of Simon &
Schuster. We often refer to it here as TKD. It gives you the
basic word list with definitions and an introduction to the
grammar.

The same author also has two audio tapes put out by the same
publisher. They are called Conversational Klingon and Power
Klingon. We refer to them here as CK and PK.

Additionally, the Klingon Language Institute, who sponsors this
mailing list, has a quarterly newsletter called HolQeD. To
subscribe, you should send a message to Dr. Lawrence Schoen.
His email address is [email protected].

David Barron, another subscriber to this list has also put out
a free postal course, which he advertises in his signature
file, so any time you see a message from David Barron, look for
his sig at the end for details.

That will give you most of the material that ANY of us have,
save the materials we've made up on our own.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \