tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 31 00:57:05 1995

Re: Word for `English'

David E G Sturm <[email protected]> wrote:-
> ... The computer probably has ensured that English will supplant most other
> languages in the way Latin texts once continued Latin's predominence in
> church and government...

(1) `ensured' should be `assumed'???
(2) English may be the dominant Earth language some way into the future when
the Federation will be established and the Star Trek events or equivalents
thereof will happen; but we live now, when Earth still has many official
languages. We will have to keep on saying e.g. `England Hol' etc.

Back to archive top level