tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 29 15:17:25 1995

Re: KLBC

According to Laurel Beckley:

> I'm ready to give another posting.  This time I'll include the English as
> well.
>
> paqmey vIlaD.

Fine.

> ba' SajwIj.

Fine.

> paq ba' SajwIj.

The first word needs a suffix to explain that your pet sits AT
your book, rather than having your book be the direct object of
the verb sit. Since sit can't take a direct object, it just
kinda sounds wrong. Check out the noun suffix {-Daq}.

paqDaq ba' SajwIj.

> vaj vIlaDbe'.

This says, "Then I don't read." Your English said, "Then I
can't read." These are not quite the same thing. Check out the
verb suffix {-laH}.

vaj vIlaDlaHbe'.

Notice that the rover {-be'} should follow the suffix and not
the root verb. You want to say that you are unable to read. You
don't want to say that it is that you are able to not read. The
rover modifies the syllable immediately preceeding it.

> How did I do?  I know this is real simple stuff, but I'm working on it.
> I'm not a real fast learner.

It's fine to do simple stuff. That's how you build the
foundation that you need to do more complex stuff.

> Laurel
> [email protected]

charghwI'
--