tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 23 18:52:05 1995

Re: About {pong}

According to HoD trI'Qal:

[stuff about using the verb {pong}]

> The only problem with charghwI's recasting is when the both the subject
> and the object need to be explicity stated, as well as the name.  For
> example, how would you say, "The warrior named his son qeylIS"?  Using
> charghwI's method, you can't.  This way, you can:
>
> 	puqloDDajvaD qeylIS pongta' SuvwI'
>
> See what I mean?
>

> --tQ

I could also see this as how to express that a warrior, seeking
to benefit his son in some symbolic way, named the country we
now know as {qeylIS}. I'm only going to this ridiculous length
to restate that what we have here is an unresolved problem that
we need Okrand to address.

He straightened out the {-ghach} problem and the comparatives
using pronouns. He can straighten this out, too. I'd rather
wait for him to do it rather than claim to have figured it out.

> --HoD trI'Qal		Captain T'rkal		---------------------
>   tlhwD lIy So'		IKV Hidden Comet	|   [email protected]

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \