tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 21 11:03:47 1995

Re: klingonische Woerter

According to Jeremy Cowan:

> The writing system we're using is an artificial system made to be easy
> for humans to use.  We might as well use punctuation.  Okrand apparently
> agrees as he has begun using punctuation in the Klingon Power Phrases
> and the DS9 card.  pIqaD also has canon examples.  Though the KLI
> character correlation is apocryphal, we have seen that Klingon writing is
> done with no spaces and no immediately recognizable punctuation (though
> some of those characters are not in our character set and may well be
> punctuation).

No SPACES? Hmmm. My own tendency is to write it with spaces, no
punctuation, one sentence per line, an extra line to delimit
paragraphs. It seems to fit the Okuda look and feel, except
that I'm not sure about the paragraph thing. I'm not sure
Klingons HAVE paragraphs.

> Due to the simple pattern of the sentences and the canon
> examples, I theorize that Klingon writing does not use spaces or
> punctuation.  It usually makes it only slightly more difficult for
> English speakers to read.

Spaces? I'm not sure I could do without spaces very well. The
canon pIQaD, illegible as it is, clearly uses spaces.

> janSIy  }}:+D>

charghwI'
--

 \___