tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 18 08:46:30 1995

A song

I caught this recently from alt.startrek.klingon. It is supposed to be
a phonetic spelling of a klingon song sung in an episode of TNG.

I tried to make something out of it, with no success. Either it is
gibberish or I lack the ability to pronounce it the way a DIvI' Hol
-speaking person would.

If you manage to see any Klingon in it, please translate to tlhIngan
Hol.

-----8<-----

VICTORY SONG

Bah-dah too-moh (Fire streaks the heavens!)
Sho-jah doo-roh (Battle has begun)
Ya-zjah kay-oh
Ya-zjah kay-oh
Ya-yah kay-oh-o

Midok, boh-doo
shee-tok, mah-zjoo
Pardock, sha-bah!
Oo-nock, zjoo-goh

Teblar nay-goo
moo-go toh-doo
Ya-zjah kay-oh!
Ya-zjah kay-oh
Ya-yah kay-oh-o

Boh-naj ya-deetch     (commercial in 2nd parter starts)
Not-veer bah-reech
Key-jol kel-bah
keh-dah oh-kie

Ya-zjah kay-oh!
ya-zjah kay-oh...
ya-ya kay-oh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

bomvam vIyajbe'; Dayajchugh, jIHvaD yIQIj.
 .:ghor:.

Back to archive top level