tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 14 18:36:13 1995

Re: more beginner drivel ;)

According to Christine Atherton:

charghwI' wrote:
> "If it is impossible that you defeat your enemy, then you must
> accompany him in battle." The only shady part of this is the
> implied generic "it", as in "it is impossible".

I disagree that this is the only "shady" part of this.
"may'Daq yItlhejnIS" is very odd in this sentence.  I would put
"may'Daq DatlhejnIS".  I interpret the original as, "I command you to find
it necessary to follow him to the battle."  I would instead say,
"yIHeghmoH je".  It may not keep the English translation, but it's much
more Klingon.  And it is, I believe, the original meaning (or at least
should be).

janSIy  }}:+D>

Back to archive top level