tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 18 15:52:28 1995

Re: Conquer the World (Chat Room)

>> >How would you translate avatar? Hmmm...
>> Well, since avatar means 'something wich represents' I would say:
>> 'oSwI' (Thing that represents...)
>
>An avatar is the incarnation of a Hindu deity, an incarnation in
>human form, or a variant phase or version of a continuing basic
>entity.
>However, 'oSwI' captures the feel pretty well.

Well. I did get my translation from a movie I just had seen afther I
installed World Chat. Somebody told an other person about a secret object
"avataring" a higher power, wich we could call God.....
That was _my_ enlightning.

|            Name: Dotlh            |
|*Yes* *I* *do* *love* *the* *stars*|

Back to archive top level