tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 18 07:27:42 1995

Re: qaqIHneS !

At 10:21 PM 12/17/95 -0800, you wrote:

>>Here's another of the rare cases where Klingon must use a noun to express
>>what an English verb means.  Try {"Indiana"Daq 'oH juHwIj'e'}.
>>
>>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

>I really like the construction you just suggested.

HIja' jIH je jay'.
This I like even better than my <*Idaho*Daq jISaHtaH> (baring the
absence of <-taH> that should follow <'oH>.

Out of all the suggestions <"Indiana"Daq 'oHtaH juHwIj'e'> is about as
unambigous as you get.

>peHruS

david

                       David Barron  [email protected]
        Klingon Language Postal Course,   PO Box 37, Eagle ID 83616
              It's FREE! Send Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope.
                     Not available by E-mail, so dont ask.

Back to archive top level