tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 18 04:35:25 1995

RE: pongmemwIj yIleghqa'

peSHIr writes:
>... I
>would (re)write this as "neH QIch vIparHa'mo' QetaH vIwIvta'" or something.
>That's at least grammatically correct (I hope ;-)).

Very close.  The "adverbial" {neH} is unusual in that it *follows* what it
is referring to.  If one means "...merely because I like its speech," then
one should say {QIch vIparHa'mo' neH QetaH vIwIvta'}.  There's got to be a
better way to say "I like the sound of it," but I'll let someone else work
on that for now. :-)