tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 17 11:07:54 1995

RE: pongmemwIj yIleghqa'

>QetaH jIH 'ej
>jIwIvta' QetaH mo' jIparHa' QIch neH

{mo'} on it's own means the noun "cage", not "because". That's the suffix
-mo' (both verb and noun, I believe). So the above it not correct Klingon
for "I have chosen QetaH just because I like the sound of it". The object of
{jIwIvta'} should be your name, yet you put it in the subject position. And
then you use the {jI-} prefix even though use objects in your sentences. I
would (re)write this as "neH QIch vIparHa'mo' QetaH vIwIvta'" or something.
That's at least grammatically correct (I hope ;-)).

bIlugh
vIlughbe'
qatlho'

>------ =_NextPart_000_01BACB12.4E573D60
>
>eJ8+IhMBAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAENgAQAAgAAAAIAAgABBJAG
>ACABAAABAAAADAAAAAMAADADAAAACwAPDgAAAAACAf8PAQAAAEcAAAAAAAAAgSsfpL6jEBmdbgDd
[pe'ta']
>UkU6IAAAAAAqtw==
>
>------ =_NextPart_000_01BACB12.4E573D60--

<Yuck!>

qaQochbe'
I just switched to using Microsoft Exchange as a mail reader.  Any ideas on how to
get rid of this veQ?

QetaH

application/ms-tnef

Back to archive top level