tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 16 11:22:50 1995

Re: KLBC: Win 95 "Klingon-ized"

>Okay, this blows my complaint out of the water.  The sentence
>{Qo'noSDaq qagh Sop SuvwI' Hoch} indeed is ambiguous; both of
>the interpretations are grammatical.  "All warriors eat worms
>on Kronos" and "On Kronos, all warriors eat worms" both work.
>
>-- ghunchu'wI'               batlh Suvchugh vaj batlh SovchoH vaj

I reiterate that have available the Noun Suffix Type 5 {-'e'}, "topicalizer"
to specify Objects as well as Subjects.  If we must specify that the worms
are what are on Kronos, try {Qo'noSDaq qagh'e' Sop SuvwI' Hoch}.

Next subject:  Can I infer that {qagh} is inherently plural?

peHruS

Back to archive top level