tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 16 11:08:16 1995

Re: qaqIHneS !

In a message dated 95-12-14 21:57:11 EST, Astrid & yoDtargh write in replies:

>> *Germany*Daq jIyIn, 'ej Hergh QeD vIHaD.
>
>maj.

I have been thinking long and hard and now it is time to post.  {yIn} appears
to ME to mean "be alive, live."  I prefer the Hebrew concept of "lodging in a
place" to mean "one lives at the place."  Chinese also uses different terms
for "lodging" and "living life."  I prefer using {*Colorado*Daq jIQong} for
"I live in Colorado."

If I could find a Klingon word for "lodge," "stay [overnight]," "dwell," I
would be willing to replace {Qong} in the above sentence.

peHruS

Back to archive top level