tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 15 15:19:52 1995

RE: pongmemwIj yIleghqa'

On 15 Dec 95 at 14:24, Ben Warren wrote:

HoS'etlh nuSlaw'qu' jIH 'ach  HoS'etlh nuSQo'qu' jIH
ngongmeH  mu'meyvam vIghitlh jIH
HoS'etlh vIvuvbej
(I *seem* to ridicule <HoS'etlh>, but I do NOT ridicule him
I write these words as an experiment.
I certainly respect <HoS'etlh))

> I am honored that you have included my name on your list.
wejpuH    bIDo'chu'qu'!
(Charming....  You were *lucky*!)

> As an additional feature to your list, I thought it might be interesting to
> include a brief description on how each member came to choose their name.
> This would be of great benefit for new members who have yet to choose a
> name.
SoH DuDeltaH may''a'meylIj!
(Your *battles* describe you!)

> As for myself, "HoS'etlh" (sword of power) was chosen to show my interest
> in tlhIngan martial traditions, with emphasis on the betleh. The name is
> made from joining two nouns, "HoS" (strength, power) and " 'etlh" (sword).
pe'vIl Dajatlhqu'law'
(You seem to  *speak* forcefully.)

> I would be very interested in hearing how others chose their name.
qatlh?  puqpu'chaj  lutmey Danej'a'?
(Why?  Do you search for children's stories?)

Garrett Michael Hayes
Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax
"Many notions deserve a healthy
application of Occam's machete."