tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 15 10:24:15 1995

Re: World page again?

At 07:33 15-12-95 -0800, you wrote:

>> However, downloading the software doesn't work. I filled in the form
>> and clicked on "Download wchat08b.exe" but Netscape is still trying
>> to connect but nothing else happens.... :-(
>I'm sorry to hear it isn't working. My roommate is the computer
>expert, so I don't know what to do about it. has anyone had any luck?

A bit later (quite a bit later, in the order of a couple of minutes or so)
Netscape came back with the message that it couldn't find the file. Maybe
the link in the page is to the wrong path or filename? Or the link is
correct but the file isn't there (anymore). Or something....

Oh, and about a translation of the word avatar used in World Page (I've read
about it on the WWW-pages), I would suggest HurwIj (if you're talking about
your own avatar) in the context of World Chat. And am I the only one that
starts to think about terminal screen codes and/or giant spacegoing
snowflakes when seeing that word...? <grin>

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level