tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 12 21:05:31 1995

Re: KLBC: starting right back at the beginning :)

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, c.j.atherton-cj wrote:

> I had a little time to kill, so I thought I'd write something simple and
> see if I could at least get _that_ right, this ill-fated week ;)
>
> vanja pongwIj.

Your Russian is showing.  In Klingon, when you want to say "X is Y", you say
{Y (pronoun) X'e'}, so "My name is Vanya" would be {vanya 'oH pongwIj'e'}.

> *bajora*'ngan jIH.

Since the planet's name is Bajor, I suspect it would be {*bajor*ngan jIH}.

> *Russian* vIghojlI' 'e' vItIvqu' 'ach reH jIDoy'.

I would put {Hol} after *Russian*.

> tugh jIHaDnISchoH 'ach jIQongtaH vIneH! jIHaDtaH jIQongtaHvIS
> 'e' vIghojnIS.

Since {jIHaDtaH} is the object |of {'e' vIghojnIS}, I would put them
together and place {jIQongtaHvIS} somewhere else like at the end of the
sentence:  jIHaDtaH 'e' vIghojnIS jIQongtaHvIS.

*Russian* Hol Qatlhqu' DaghojlaHchugh vaj ngeD tlhIngan Hol ghaytan 'e'
Datu'.

> vanya

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level