tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 10 11:28:20 1995

Re: Secret Santa

qaSDI Hovjaj 95936.4 ghItlh tlheghmeQ:

>> A friend just asked me how to say "I'm your Secret Santa" in Klingon. I
>> told him that I thought it could be:
>>
>> nobwI'lI' pegh jIH
>
>I just realized that this is somewhat unclear. The way I meant it, this
>sentence would back-translate as something like "I am your secret-keeping
>giver", not "I am keeping a secret (from?) your giver", which makes
>little sense and brings up the old transitivity problem.

<pegh'eghbogh nobwI'lI' jIH> DaghItlhlaH
"I am your giver who keeps herself secret."

toH! mu'tlheghvetlh vIjatlh 'e' vItIvqu'!

<pegh'eghbogh nobnobwI'lI' jIH> DaghItlhlaH je.

muHaghqu'moH!

SuStel
Hovjaj 95939.3

Back to archive top level